Today I am fortunate enough to be celebrating 8 years with my awesome hubby! He was super sweet and gave me a bag full of things I love this morning! I was so surprised (since we said we weren't going to get anything)...to get an amazon gift card (for my kindle), a Starbucks gift card (for my sanity), an itunes gift card (for my music obsession), red mike and ikes (since I always steal his), colorox wipes(because there are few things in the world I love more than those)....and of course a coke (which he labeled my drug :)! It was so thoughtful of him! ...Thoughtfulness is just one of the reasons I love him so much...so since I have had 8 fabulous years...here are 8 reasons I love him so:
8. He's hot! (who doesn't love a good-looking man?)
7. He is super fun to be around...there is no one else I would rather hang with! He is smart and funny and we always have an awesome time together!
6. He always gives 100%! He never does anything half way and is always committed! I love that about him!
5. He is passionate....about God, the Bible, me, our family, his ministry, his friends....he invests big in what he deems important, and isn't afraid to put a little blood, sweat and tears in...for what he believes in!
4. He is an unbelievably amazing father. He takes the girls places, does school projects with them, helps with homework (sometimes), helps discipline and encourage them, spends time with them, gets them up in the morning, and reads the Bible and prays with them! I love seeing him encourage them and pour into them. I know that I am blessed to have a man who is so involved!
3. He is an unbelievably awesome husband! He helps me out around the house, and never complains...he makes time for me, allows me to work and be involved in the ministries that God has called me to, and lets me watch whatever I want to at night :)! He lets me have little breakdowns every now and then, never judges, forgives quickly and lets me be my ridiculous self. He is my rational, logical, rock, and I am so thankful for that!
2. He has a heart for the world. He wants others to know about Christ, He wants to use our time and resources to further the kingdom....He loves seeing God work in ways that seem miraculous. He pours his time into encouraging others to pursue God more deeply, so that others might know and want to do the same! I love his heart for missions, for others, and for the word of God!
1. He is a work in progress, and over the last 8 years I have gotten to see this awesome work being done in him. He loves God with his whole heart, and daily I can see him becoming more transformed by the Spirit. He is learning to trust and obey at deeper levels than ever before, and it is so cool to see him continually becoming the man God wants him to be!
I am so fortunate to have this man for my very own! I love him and could not imagine walking through this life without him.... I am so thankful to God for the last 8 years I have had with him and hope to have a million more (ok...maybe just 70?...wait that would make me 99...lets go with 60.... :)!